This privacy statement (“Statement”) applies to Seazone Smart Management Ltd. (the “Company” “we,” or “us”) which operates this website and develops and markets Seazone system for smart yachts and yachts’ crew and financial management (the “Website” and “System”). If you are using our system, you can do it as a direct Customer of Us (“Customer” or “Account Owner”) or as a Customer’s User acting under the management and permission of such Account Owner (“Customer’s User”).
The security and privacy of your information are very important to us. Whether you are using one of our services as a Customer, potential Customer, Customer’s User or just visiting our website, we want you to trust us with managing and protecting the information that you provide us with. We have prepared this statement to explain more about who we are and how we collect and manage your information.
This Website is a general audience website which is neither designed nor intended for the use of, or collection of personal information from, children and/or minors.
This Statement forms part of our Terms and Conditions. By using any of our products or services (including the Website and the System) and/or by agreeing to this Statement, e.g., in the context of subscribing to the Seazone System, using our website or by any other means, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and use Personal Data as described in this Statement.
2. Who are we and how you can contact Us
Seazone Smart Management LTD
Ha Zedef 1,
Representation for data subjects in the EU or in the UK:
We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed Prighter as our privacy representative and your point of contact.
Prighter gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative Prighter or make use of your data subject rights, please visit: https://prighter.com/q/11830860
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us by using the contact details above. All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
3. Data Controller / Data Processor
Under the European General Data Protection Regulation (”GDPR”), we are the Data Controller of our direct Customers’ Personal Data, and certain types of Customer’s User’s Personal Data.
The Data of which we are deemed as a Controller, consists of Account and contact details (Name, Email, login credentials, etc.), as well as any other data provided by the Customer as part of its subscription process. In addition, we are the Controller of the data which is being collected in our promotional Website. With respect to such data, we assume the responsibilities of Data Controller (to the extent applicable under law), as set forth in this Statement. In such instances, our external suppliers processing such data will assume the role of “Data Processor”.
In other cases, you are using our System as a Customer’s User under an Account Owner (usually the Yacht Owner, Master or Manager who’s our direct Customer). In those cases, we are the Processor of any Personal Data processed on behalf of our Customer, the Account owner. The Personal Data processed by us as a Data Processor includes: any Personal Data uploaded by the Customer or its Customer’s Users to the System (including contact details (Name, Email, login credentials, etc.) and Customer’s User’s Data processed on such Customer’s behalf (e.g. System’s usage data, Customer’s Users credentials, etc.) . In such instances we merely a Data Processor under the Account owner, who is the Controller of your data. That means that we process such data in accordance with the Account Owner’s instructions, subject to our agreements with him. The Account Owner will be responsible for meeting any legal requirements applicable to Data Controllers (such as establishing a legal basis for processing and responding to Data Subject Rights requests concerning the data they control). Therefore, and with any request you should contact the relevant Account Owner. It should also be noted that, in these instances, our relevant external suppliers shall act as designated Sub-Processors.
4. Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data”, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We collect Personal Data from you voluntarily when you provide such Personal Data to us, when you register or use the System (whether as a direct customer or as a Customer’s User acting under an Account Owner), or via our services and websites with which you voluntarily interact. In addition, some data which we process as a Processor, might be fed to the System and managed within it, by and on behalf of the Account Owner. We may also obtain such Personal Data about you as may be provided to us during our legitimate business activities.
You do not have to provide us with your information, but in some cases, if you do not, it may mean that you are unable to use our services. For example, we may be unable to complete a requested “contact form” inquiry, unless you will provide us with your contact details. Similarly, we cannot allow you the use of the System unless you will use and sign in with your access information such as username and password and provide the system with relevant signature data.
When you use our Website or System and choose voluntarily to provide us with your information, we might also collect and process the following information:
- Identity Data – including full name, Customer’s Username or any similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender and any other information provided by you upon your sole discretion.
- Contact Data – including email address and telephone numbers, and with respect to signature management, also your job position, company and additional data to be included in your signature.
- Account Owner Data – in case you are a customer using our system, or if you provide us with such data as part of contact request, we might collect and process some data about your workplace, position, profession, contact details, billing data etc;
- Usage Data – includes information about how you use our website, System and services, including a record of your use in some cases.
- Technical Data – includes internet protocol (IP) address, the device you are using, browser type and version, screen resolution, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Ratings and Reviews Data – as described in our Terms and Conditions, the System include a User Feedback System, which contain mutual ratings and/or reviews provided by System’s Users with respect to each other.
We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but does not reveal your identity.
In addition, in the System might be collected and processed data including Personal Data by the Controller of the System, out direct Customer. Such data is under the sole and full control of the Customer, and we have no control regarding its nature, lawfulness or means of collection of such data. All those aspects of use and processing, as well as other aspects as explained hereunder, are under the sole responsibility of the Customer (Account Owner).
5. How is your Personal Data is being Collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions – You may give us your Identity, Contact and other Personal Data by filling in forms or registering to the System or feeding it with information and data (e.g. “Contact Us” or “Subscription”, “Registration Form”, “Mailing List”, etc.) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions – As you interact with our Website or System, we may automatically collect Personal Data through the use of our System features and tools or Cookies (please refer to the description below, under “Cookies Usage”).
- Third parties or publicly available sources – In our Website we may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources, e.g.: advertising and social networks, analytics providers, search information providers.
6. Cookies Usage
Essential Cookies – which are necessary for the site to work properly (usually appears under our name/cookie tag);
Functional Cookies – designated to save your settings on the site – your language preference or other view preferences (also, under our name/cookie tag);
Session Cookies – used to support the functionality of the website – such Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from your device when you close the browser.
Targeting Cookies – these cookies are used to collect information from you to help us to improve our products and services as well as serve you with targeted advertisements that we believe will be relevant to you (e.g. Google’s Cookies).
Social networks Cookies – Social Plug-In Cookies (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Cookies, or pixels etc.) enabling the sharing of your usage information with your social network’s accounts.
Analytics Cookies – give us aggregated information which enables us to improve the way our website works, e.g. Google analytics.
Third party services used by us – for example, an external service supporting our career and recruiting options through the website (e.g. Comeet or Workday), or an external service which allows us to screen short videos in our website (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo).
Managing cookies and opting out: aside from the Essential Cookies described above, you can always configure your browser or use the “cookies bar” installed in our Website to reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set, but sometimes in that case, certain services, features, and functionality in our website may not be available to you.
7. The purposes of the processing
We might use your data in order to: enable you to use our Website and Services in the most effective way, including the personalization of your experience by presenting content tailored to your interests; Enable you the use of our System as a Customer’s User acting under an Account owner; Provide you as our direct Customer with Services and Systems which you have purchased from us; meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory body; assess or evaluate the effectiveness of our services, as well as any technical and organizational measures designated for the protection of your Personal Data; Improve and secure our services and systems; protect our rights and legitimate interests, as well as defend against any lawsuit, legal claim or complaint; to conduct any other activities that are required to provide our services.
8. The Legal Basis for the processing of your Personal Data
We will only process and use your Personal Data when the law allows us to, i.e. when we have a Lawful Basis for such usage. Such lawful and legal basis can be any of the following:
- Processing actions which are allowed to us as part of a contract we have between us and the Account Owner, as our Customer of the System ;
- Processing actions which are related to your reservations and/or requests, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us. For example, contacting you per “Contact” form filled by you. Another example is the processing of your data as our Customer of the System;
- Our use of your information is necessary to meet responsibilities we have to our regulators, tax officials, law enforcement, or otherwise meet our legal responsibilities;
- Our use of your information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization. For example, to operate and improve our services and to keep people informed about our products and services. In these cases, we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights, making sure our legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
In general, and as detailed above, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data. Yet, in any case in which you have provided your consent to our processing of your information, you can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us through the contact details provided above.
It should be noted that if you are a Customer’s User acting in our System on behalf of a Customer or Account Owner, the Lawful Basis for the main use of the system is under the responsibility of the Account Owner, which is the Data Controller. Yet, and as explained above, some data regarding your use of the System may be processed by us as the operator and owner of the System.
9. Processing of anonymized or statistical data
In some circumstances we may anonymize the Personal Data which is being collected and managed through the use of our Website and System, so that it can no longer be associated with any identified person. Such anonymized or aggregated data, might be used by us as part of our Services, including for research or statistical purposes, without further notice to you.
10. Data Recipients
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business, such as:
- Disclosure of Personal Data to persons authorized to process personal data, in our organization, or third-party service providers, qualified as data processors or sub-processors, providing us with services supporting our services and ordinary course of business, e.g. system, storage and computing services, as well as marketing efforts, in accordance with applicable law;
- When we have a legal obligation to do so, or when where can do so under our legitimate interests.
In any such communication we will take steps to make sure such transfer is carefully managed to protect your privacy rights:
- transfers within our group and affiliates, will be subject to an agreement / policies and procedures made to ensure that your data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection as required by applicable law;
- transfers to any subcontractor or processor will be subject to contractual terms ensuring the security and protection of any Personal Data under any such sub-processor, in accordance with applicable law provisions;
any requests for information we receive from law enforcement or regulators will be carefully validated before the disclosure of any Personal Data.
If you are a Customer’s User of our System, some of the data collected during your use in the system is the relevant Customer who purchased the System license from us. In those cases, as explained above, the Customer is the Data Controller, and will have full access to its information, including the data which is being provided by you as a Customer’s User of the system and other data collected automatically as part of such use (e.g. record of your sessions and login data to the System).
It shall be clarified that we will never transfer or share your payment method (e.g. full credit card details) with any third party.
11. Data Processing Location
Any transfer of data which originates in the European Union (“EU”) to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), shall be made in compliance with the provisions of chapter 5 of the GDPR. Such transfer can be made to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights, e.g. signing a Standard Contractual Clauses which were published and authorized by the relevant EU authorities.
It is important to note that Seazone Smart management Ltd. is headquartered in Israel, a country which is considered by the European Data Protection Board to be offering adequate level of Personal Data protection regulation.
12. Links to other sites
Our Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
13. How we secure your information
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access and use. However, the collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure. Yet, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect your information, and we will continue to revise our policies and implement additional security features.
14. Retention Periods for Storage of Personal data
We will only store your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. As part of that we might store and keep record of data which might be required for us for our legal protection. We have defined data retention periods for any data item in our systems, ensuring minimization of retention periods.
Where we act merely as a Processor, the retention periods of the data processed in the System on behalf of our Customers, are under the sole discretion of any such Customer, in accordance with its legal duties as Data Controller.
As explained before, in some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data, in which case we may save and use this anonymized information indefinitely.
15. Data Subjects’ rights under Privacy Protection laws
Under EU law, EU residents and individuals, have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating them. Those rights might include:
- right to access your Personal Data – you can ask us to confirm whether or not we have and use your Personal Data, and if so, you can ask for a copy of your data;
- right to correct your Personal Data – you can ask us to correct any of your Personal Data which is incorrect, after verifying the accuracy of the data first;
- right to erase your Personal Data – you can ask us to erase your Personal Data if you think we no longer need to use it for the purpose we collected it from you. you can also ask for such erasure in any case in which the process of your data was based on your consent, or where we have used it unlawfully or where we are subjsect to a legal obligation to erase your Personal Data. any request for such erasure will be subject to our obligations under the law (e.g. our obligation to keep some records for tax or customs purposes);
- right to restrict our use in your Personal Data – you can ask us to restrict our use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- right to object to how we use your Personal Data – you can object to any use of your Personal Data which we have justified by our legitimate interest if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms to data protection outweigh our legitimate interest in using the information;
- you can always require us to refrain from using your data for direct marketing purposes;
- you can ask us to transfer your information to another organization and/or provide you with a copy of your Personal Data (Portability Right);
- You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time before the relevant supervisory authority for data protection issues. however, we will appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the authorities, so please feel free to contact us in the first instance.
We may not always be able to do what you have asked. In addition, not all those rights apply in every jurisdiction. However, we encourage you to contact us with any such request, and we will be happy to assist you.
16. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this statement from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our site or our services or otherwise provide data after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this statement as modified.
Effective as for January, 2021